Get your original songs heard. Get connected with Song Academy.
Now in its 8th year, The Young Songwriter competition is the leading competition for young songwriters aged 8-18, providing an avenue to get their songs heard by the music industry and uniting young songwriters across the world.
This year's star judges include songwriters/producers Tom Odell, Imelda May, Chris Difford, Eg White, Emily Phillips, Rumer, Dan Gillespie, Miranda Cooper, Lyn Goddard, and Nicky Cox.
Rockschool are sponsoring this year's event (alongside PRS for Music, Focusrite, YouTube Music, Dawsons, Casio and ICMP!) so if you're one of our VQ delivery centres you can enter your students for free! Simply drop us a message to receive a code that needs to be quoted on your student's entries...
“When I was 13 years old I started writing songs, and over the following years I became more and more obsessed with it. But the thing that always kept me awake at night was how to get them out there for people to hear them. This is why I think the Song Academy Young Songwriter competition is a great way to inspire and help through this process, and its something I wish had been around when I was starting out. I can’t wait to hear the songs!” Tom Odell, Singer Songwriter.
2019 prizes include:
- A half day recording session with the top producer Paul Stanborough in London
- Professional music video and photos from recording session
- Complete home studio set up, including 2 x KRK RP4 Studio Monitors & Focusrite A 2i2 Studio Pack (interface, headphones and microphone)
- Casio Music’s CT-x5000 portable keyboard
- sE Electronics X1S Studio Bundle
- Signed Tom Odell ‘Jubilee Road’ Album
- Signed copy of Carole King‘s book ’A Natural Woman’
- The winner & selected finalists will perform at our Young Songwriter 2019 showcase in London
"Young songwriters are the future of music. A great song will always stand the test of time far beyond our years. I think this competition is important because every songwriter I've worked with was always waiting to be discovered." Naughty Boy, Producer & SongwriterFor full competition details and terms & conditions, please head to the Song Academy Website...