Acoustic Syllabus Scholarship
Rockschool and Takamine believe that hard work and talent pays off, that's why we're launching a brand new scholarship programme to award some of the most hardworking acoustic guitarists around the UK and Ireland.Enrol Now
The Scholarship - enrol now!
Launching on 12th September 2016, the Rockschool Acoustic syllabus scholarship will reward, recognise and support outstanding academic achievement throughout the UK and Ireland, targeting the key skills and theoretical understanding that is essential to the development of any aspiring acoustic guitarist.
How will the scholarship winners be chosen?
The Rockschool Acoustic syllabus scholarship will award the first four candidates entered to achieve a Distinction at grades 1, 3, 5 or 8. There will be one scholarship per grade, and to celebrate their achievement, Takamine will be awarding an acoustic guitar to each of the scholarship winners. Winning scholars will also receive their next grade for free, the Grade 8 scholar will gain free entrance onto the Rockschool Level 4 Performance Diploma.
Discover more on Takamine guitars: www.takamine.com
Rockschool are incredibly proud to partner with such a giant of the acoustic guitar market. Takamine's consistent dedication to quality and the hard working musicians that it supplies make them an ideal partner for our Acoustic syllabus scholarship.Nik Preston | Head of Product Development & Publishing at RSL
Takamine guitars are the first choice of performing guitarists worldwide. We’re proud to be providing each scholarship winner with an acoustic that matches their hard work and academic achievement.Alan Scally | Guitar Category Manager at Takamine
Enrolling onto the Rockschool Acoustic syllabus scholarship is as easy as entering for your Rockschool grade exam.
How to enter
To enrol, simply enter for a Rockschool Acoustic Guitar Grade at 1, 3, 5 or 8 between 12th September 2016 and 31st March 2017. Alongside this you’ll need your relevant Rockschool Acoustic grade book which you can download instantly from the RSL shop.
How to know you’ve been accepted onto the Rockschool Acoustic syllabus scholarship
Candidates entering for the scholarship (grades 1, 3, 5 & 8) will enter through the online entry system as normal. Candidates that have entered for an acoustic guitar exam between 12th September 2016 and 31st March 2017 will be automatically accepted.
Before entering for the Rockschool Acoustic syllabus scholarship please read the full terms and conditions
- Q: If I'm outside of the UK and Ireland can I still enter for the Rockschool Acoustic syllabus scholarship?
- A: No, the scholarship is only open to candidates in the UK and Ireland.
- Q: If a candidate enters or is entered outside of the scholarship period (12th September 2016 - 31st March 2017) will they still be accepted?
- A: A: No, to be accepted for the scholarship programme candidates need to enter for a Rockschool Acoustic Guitar grade at either grades 1, 3, 5, or 8 through the online entry system on the RSL website: www.rslawards.com/enter-online
- Q: Can I enter twice for the Rockschool Acoustic syllabus scholarship?
- A: No, only one entry per candidate is eligible for the scholarship programme between the aforementioned dates. For example, individual candidates entering for an Acoustic Guitar Grade 1 exam in Period C 2016 would then have no subsequent entries considered valid for the scholarship programme.
- Q: How will I know if I've been accepted onto the Rockschool Acoustic syllabus scholarship?
- A: Candidates that have entered for a Rockschool acoustic exam for either 1, 3, 5 & 8 will be automatically accepted onto the scholarship programme. A message will appear on the online entry success page to show that you've been accepted onto the scholarship programme.
- Q: How will I know if I've been chosen as a winner?
- A: The winners will be announced in September 2017 and will be contacted via email or phone.
- Q: Will I still be accepted for the Rockschool Acoustic syllabus scholarship if I take my exam on electric guitar?
- A: No, candidates must sit their exam using the Rockschool Acoustic Guitar Syllabus on an acoustic guitar (i.e. not the Rockschool Electric Guitar Syllabus on acoustic guitar).
For more than half a century, Takamine has proudly dedicated itself to the art of fine guitar craftsmanship. It’s longstanding devotion to innovation and continual improvement has placed it among the world’s premier acoustic guitar makers, with truly fine instruments that are the first choice of performing guitarists everywhere.
Discover more: www.takamine.com