The Music and Drama Expo is a highlight in the RSL Awards Events calendar and we’re really looking forward to meeting friends and colleagues in person once again on Friday 24th and Saturday 25th September 2021.
RSL Awards has taken our responsibility for supporting teachers and young musicians throughout this pandemic very seriously and taken great pride in developing a range of innovative solutions to enable learning and assessment to take place both in the physical and virtual world.
This year, the Music and Drama Expo is held at the Business Design Centre, London and you can engage with us in the following ways:
- Visit us at Stand C40 to find out about our latest developments with Vocational Qualifications and Graded Music Exams
- Attend our Exhibitor Showcases on Friday 24th September at 12.30pm and Saturday 25th September at 2pm.
- Arrange a time to meet with one of our team to discuss how RSL Awards can support you at your organisation, school or college. Email us email@example.com to discuss this in more detail.
- You can also visit the Hal Leonard Stand at C50 to look at our graded music exam publications and you’ll be able to buy our books at a special discount in either digital or hard copy from each of our stands.
Why Visit Us?
Fascinating insight from industry experts
Our first session will take place on Friday 24th September @ 12.30pm and will be delivered by RSL's Head of Business Development (Vocational), Patrick Healy, and The Bourne Academy's Head of Visual and Performing Arts, David Mastracola. A companion piece to the article in the September issue of Music Teacher magazine, Patrick and David will explore how the implementation of RSL Vocational Qualifications in Music and Performing Arts have encouraged significant increases in learners opting to take Music or Performing Arts at Key Stage 4 and 5. They will also explore the increase in engagement this has fostered and how it has impacted on learners’ experience in the wider school and college environment.
And on Saturday 25th September @ 2pm, we'll be introducing you to our latest syllabuses! Dan Francis (Head of Sales and Partnerships), Ruth Elder (Director, London String Group / Lead Consultant, RSL Awards Classical Violin Syllabus 2021) and Jono Harrison (Head of Graded Music & Publishing, RSL Awards; Syllabus Designer: RSL Classical Violin Syllabus 2021) will take you through the rationale behind the syllabus and explore the exciting new arrangements and repertoire that will be available for you and your students very soon!
Anyone who attends one of our Exhibitor Showcases and visits both RSL Awards' and Hal Leonard's stands will be able to enter a prize draw to win a Masterclass for your students at your centre built around an RSL qualification of your choice.
This is also the perfect opportunity to come and discuss, in person, the huge range of new and updated product lines we've released over the course of the last 18 months, including:
- Learn More about our brand new RSL Classical Violin and Piano exams
- Learn More about our refreshed Rockschool Vocals syllabus designed as an inclusive qualification for the 21st-century performer
- Learn More about our coursework-based Creative Qualifications in Podcasting, Vlogging and Music Production
- Learn More about our graded exams in Acting, Dance and Musical Theatre
- Learn More about our partnerships with Steinberg and Focusrite to help support students through their digital learning
- Learn More about our physical and virtual exam solutions, including Live-Streamed and Remote-invigilated Digital Exams
- Learn More about our options for absolute beginners and advanced learners at post-16 and beyond Grade 8
- Discuss how GME can be built in as part of your curriculum offering
- Learn More about building the perfect Creative Arts qualification with RSL’s Vocational Qualifications across Music, Performing Arts, Digital Media and the Creative Industries
- Learn More about where they sit on Performance Tables and supporting contributions to Progress 8 and Value-Added
- Learn More about their impact on enhancing and increasing engagement at KS4 and 5
- Introduce you to our new Tech Awards
- Discuss how VQ can integrate with GME to create a full Creative Arts offering at your school or college
Come and visit us on stand C40 at Business Design Centre, London to get the latest on all our latest products and upcoming syllabuses. Check out the highlights from the 2020 event below!
We can't wait to meet you in person again - keep an eye on our social media for further updates in the lead up to this great event.
Register your interest and confirm your attendance over on the official MDEE site HERE.