Rockschool qualifications: Tailor-made for the contemporary musician.

Ranging from introductory grades all the way up to university-level of study, Rockschool’s music qualifications ensure hard work is rewarded regardless of age or musical ability.

We pride ourselves on delivering the most academically rigorous and industry relevant qualifications, designed to support all aspiring musicians, performers, educators and teaching establishments – wherever they may be.

Click here to jump to the contact form and we’ll get in touch with you directly to discuss how you can implement Rockschool to complement and enhance your current curriculum offering.

Grade Exams

With grade exams now available in ten different disciplines, we ensure each syllabus is developed with the care, skill and expertise to ensure that every addition is creative, innovative and industry relevant; with the objective to provide access to music education for the many, not the few.

Graded exams available in:

Rockschool Grade Books

Career Progression

Rockschool provides a range of complementary and alternative qualifications which can be taught within and alongside your curriculum, providing excellent and flexible progression routes into the Creative Industries worth over £11bn.

UCAS Points

Develop your students’ musical skills and understanding to support Key Stage 3, GCSE and VQ learning, with Rockschool Grades 6–8 carrying up to 30 UCAS Points.

Social Distanced Learning

Our Music Production (Grades 1 – 8) and Popular Music Theory qualifications (Debut – Grade 8) are designed to enable both independent and group learning, and can be taught in compliance with social distancing guidelines. These are an excellent way to enable musical learning in both the specialist and non-specialist classroom.

Popular Music Theory

The Rockschool Popular Music Theory syllabus runs from Debut to Grade 8 and covers topics which will help your students develop both their theoretical and practical knowledge of music.

In addition to score reading; scales; chords and rhythm; the syllabus also covers performance directions; improvisation; band knowledge and analysis which makes it an excellent course to support your music curriculum at all levels.

The syllabus functions as a fantastic complementary qualification, carries UCAS Points at Grades 6 – 8 and can be taught in a Covid-safe environment to individuals and groups. The essential guides provide you with all the information you need and are supported by student workbooks at each grade, all leading towards an exam which students can take at school or from the comfort of their own home.

Music Production

The Rockschool Music Production syllabus runs from Debut to Grade 8 and develops students’ practical and theoretical understanding of music and music production techniques. With a creative composition task making up 60% of the course, students can work at a level appropriate to them and complete the work in their own time or as part of a structured programme of learning. The remaining 40% is focussed on developing students’ musical listening skills and understanding of pop music styles and the technology used in its production.

This makes the Music Production syllabus an ideal qualification to embed into your curriculum or to deliver as part of an extra-curricular or instrumental tuition programme.

Get in touch!

Please fill in the form below and a member of our business development team will get in touch with you directly to discuss how you can implement Rockschool qualifications to complement and enhance your current curriculum offering…

    Phone Number

    Organisation Name / School Address (required)

    Institution Type (required)

    Job Role (required)

    Approximately how many students do you teach?

    Which RSL Awards qualifications do you currently teach? (Required)

    Which suite of Creative Qualifications are you interested in? (Required)

    Would you like to sign up to the free Creative Qualifications Webinar? (required)

    Would you like to sign-up for regular updates via the RSL Newsletter? (required)