The Coursework Task combines:
At Grade 5 the technical skills will centre around session management and organisation such as creating, naming and colour coding tracks, creating markers, session file management.
The candidate will be presented with a situation and must choose and implement appropriate technique to resolve the scenario. At Grade 5 the scenario will require candidates to add musical layers to material using software instruments. Candidates are encouraged to practice listening to and duplicating melodies.
Candidates must complete the Coursework Task before their exam and will be asked to upload the Task and the screen shots specified in the Coursework Task, during the exam. The completed session files must be appropriately named, saved and shared with your examiner as instructed, including all associated audio files. It is vital that candidates are able to accurately save their work as failure to do so will result in an unclassified mark.
Candidates will need to answer questions regarding the Task during the exam. These will focus on:
- The skills used to complete the Task
- How candidates approached the professional nature of the Task
- How candidates interpreted the creative elements
On your exam day, you must bring:
- 1 x closed headphones with a ¼ inch jack (Candidates without their own headphones will be unable to sit the exam)
- A hard copy of the Music Production syllabus book or your proof of digital purchase
- Your Coursework Task and screenshots to upload
Your exam centre will provide 1 x computer.
Candidates can take the exam on the computer provided at the examination centre or on their own laptop within the invigilated environment.