UPDATE AS OF 27th MARCH 2020
At RSL Awards, we pride ourselves in the trust and confidence that our dedicated community has in us to deliver outstanding examination experiences. We’re taking this a step further, and we are delighted to announce the launch of our Video Exams.Environmentally friendly, no waiting times, reduced stress and available worldwide, this digital solution shows our commitment to providing the most accessible exam experience possible.
UPDATE AS OF 19th MARCH 2020
Following the UK Government’s announcement yesterday, and with a view to looking after the health of our entire RSL community of learners, teachers and examiners, we have decided to defer our remaining UK Graded Music Exams and PAA exams for Period A (1st February – 31st March). We will be in touch to re-arrange exams in due course. This will come into effect from Monday 23 March, and exams scheduled for this weekend will go ahead as planned, with the exception of days that have already been postponed (please scroll below).
At RSL Awards, we recognise the dedication and passion our candidates have to achieving results and progressing with their respective disciplines. To support this, we will shortly be sharing details how learners can enter their music exam performances via video submission. We believe that COVID-19 should not, and will not deprive any candidates of their learning achievements . We would like to reassure our candidates that exams can be done anytime and anywhere, within the comfort of your home.
Detailed instructional videos and guidance to recording your exam from home will follow shortly. In the meantime, you can still enter for your Period B exam HERE...
Correct as of 20th March 2020
As the UK’s leading and most trusted contemporary arts awarding body, the wellbeing and safety of our candidates and staff is our highest priority. In the event that your exam is cancelled due to a COVID-19 virus related incident or a UK government directive, our friendly customer service team will contact you in due course with alternative dates.
For the most up to date information regarding COVID-19, visit: UK government and Public Health England.
The following exam sessions in the UK & Republic of Ireland will be rescheduled. Our team will contact you directly in due course with alternative dates. For any further information, please contact us on email@example.com
Graded Music / PAA Exams
- 14th March 2020: Blanchardstown School of Music
- 15th March 2020: Blanchardstown School of Music
- 18th March 2020: The Rhythm Studio, Ladbroke Grove
- 19th March 2020: April Media, Plymouth
- 19th March 2020: Stonyhurst College, Clitheroe
- 20th March 2020: Stonyhurst College, Clitheroe
- 20th March 2020: The Forum, Darlington
- 21st March 2020: Access Creative College, Norwich
- 21st March 2020: Music Heroes, Shrewsbury
- 21st March 2020: Hook Centre
- 21st March 2020: Access Creative College, Lincoln
- 21st March 2020: Bleeding Ear Studios, Southend
- 21st March 2020: Cheadle Hulme School
- 21st March 2020: Yamaha Music School, Milton Keynes
- 21st March 2020: Stagecoach Grimsby
- 21st March 2020: Alton College
- 21st March 2020: Portsmouth Music Academy
- 21st March 2020: Music Base, Edinburgh
- 22nd March 2020: Music Base, Edinburgh
- 22nd March 2020: Academy of Music & Sound Exeter
- 22nd March 2020: Saint Benedict Catholic School, Derby
- 22nd March 2020: Bury St Edmunds County Upper School
- 22nd March 2020: JASPA, Corsham
- 23RD MARCH 2020 ONWARDS : ALL POSTPONED. Please refer to message at top of page
Music Theory Exams
- 21st March 2020: The Rhythm Studio, Ladbroke Grove
- 21st March 2020: Cranleigh School
- 21st March 2020: Saint Benedict Catholic School, Derby
Music Production Exams
- 21st March 2020: Academy of Music & Sound Exeter
- 21st March 2020: Future Skills Manchester
- 21st March 2020: Access Creative College, Norwich
- 21st March 2020: Access Creative College, Birmingham
- 21st March 2020: Access Creative College, Bristol
- 28th March 2020: Edinburgh College
For any scheduled exams outside the UK, please check with our International Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you have any concerns.
A message from our CEO, John Simpson (16/3/20)
"To all in the RSL community, thank you all for continued loyalty and trust in RSL Awards in these unprecedented times. The health and safety of all our candidates, teachers, parents, examiners and staff remains our highest priority. The situation is fast moving and we are closely monitoring developments from the UK Government and Public Health England and following advice as appropriate.
The entry process for the UK exam period B (for exams taking place between the 1st May - End July) is currently open. We will be scheduling all these UK & Ireland exams as planned for that period. However, if circumstances force us to make changes, we will defer them to a later date and ensure minimum inconvenience. Please book with the confidence that we will be able to deliver these exams. If changes are required, our customer service team will contact those affected as soon as possible in order to provide clarity and minimise disruption."
For further information, please download the letter in full below...
A message from RSL Awards CEO John Simpson: COVID–19